Fernando Domínguez Rubio: Digital Objects – Curse or promise?
Museological Research Program, Aarhus University.
Oplysninger om arrangementet
Online by Zoom
We invite you to an online talk with Fernando Domínguez Rubio at our Brown Bag session, Museological Research Program, Aarhus University from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Fernando Domínguez Rubio will speak for 45 minutes on “Digital Objects – Curse or promise?” followed by a discussion and an exchange of reflections and ideas. The online session is set to end at 8:30 pm.
Ph.d Sally Thorhauge will be the moderator.
- Join Zoom Meeting March 1, at 19:00 (CEST)
Fernando Domínguez Rubio is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication, University of California, San Diego. He has also delved into sociology, science and technology studies, anthropology, art, design and architecture.
A few questions that may be relevant to consider and discuss:
- Does preserving a digital work erode its authenticity?
- And in continuation of this - how do the creators of digital works relate to the fact that their works must be re-coded multiple times by other people, so that they can still be shown / seen?
- Conversely, are there artists who see this as part of a “participatory” artistic process and / or as a fundamental part of the work's life and content?
- 3D imaging is increasingly used for documenting museum objects - does it not follow that there are now two objects instead of one to be preserved for posterity?